Things of interest that have grabbed my attention recently.Read More
Each Friday (or therabouts)! I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Peaches roasted in Amaretto - They sound so summery and delish and are definitely going on the menu in this house.
- A barbecue road trip anybody?
- I love these new illustrations that Rod Hunt has done for Ikea's Russian campaign - 10 fictional Ikea families from the 'zoo family' to the 'party family'.
- Why collaboration is key when it comes to feeding our planet without devastating the environment.
- Beers and liquor's made and seasoned with local harvest - from barley to basil to pears. "making alcohol was once the purview of farmers, monks and medicine men. Booze was local, and magic." - Reuniting farmers and fermenters.
- Tips for DIY dried foods.
- Its all a go here in Galway. The city is currently playing host to the 26th International Film Fleadh and next week will see the start of the Galway International Arts Festival - Yay festival season is here!
- For the weekend that is in it - 10 'best' Brazilian recipe's.
- You know in these days of cyberspace and social networks, how you have your 'on-line friends', that you have never actually met in 'real life' - Well yesterday I had the pleasure of bumping into and meeting 'for real' Cliondha, who developed and produces Breaking Eggs, A lovely idea of short programmes, that connect children to their food and where it comes from.
Here is hoping that this finds you and yours well on this Full Moon weekend - The Full Moon in Capricorn - Enjoy it's energy, soak it up and ride with it's tides.
A good weekend for keeping active and witching in the kitchen!
Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Considering the day that is in it, I am on this little project today, do it people - a midnight feast!
- …And yet more pretty projects. In my book anything that celebrates Love is good with me.
- All the talk of love and romance today, reminds me of special times that were had in this beautiful country hotel a few years ago.
- Check out some of the lovely photos here, submitted to the International Garden Photographer of the Year competition.
- I'm delighted that Garraí Glas is returning to our screens next Tuesday evening. This series will fit ideally with my Apothecary venture as it is all about Irish herbs and wild food heritage, It is also accessible via TG4 player and will have subtitles for anyone outside of Ireland.
- I'm liking the look of the Kai Cookbook Club offering this month, BBQ Ribs in winter, Mmmm.
- Flowers - There is no better day to admire the work of a great florist, and Mark Grehan is just that.
- Finally - just because I can today!
So much is happening today, It is SNOWING, I turned my head and when I looked outside everything was white! It is VALENTINES DAY and it is a FULL MOON - What delight. All of these events coinciding on the same day can only mean one thing for me this evening: Sitting beside the fire nice and cozy, with the moonlight shining through the window, a cocktail in my hand and my love by my side - Happy Days.
I am discovering that my body seems to work in cycles - 6 monthly cycles. Which seem to be connected with the longest and shortest days of the year. I only realized this, this mid-summertime. I felt and ate just the same way as I did around christmas time! On further research I discovered that the word solstice is derived from the latin word sol (sun) and sistere (to stand still), because that is exactly what the Sun does, it seems to stand still, before it reverses its direction once again, in this 6 monthly cycle.
Based on this natural course, which appears to operate the way I function, I find myself, once again changing direction.
An Awakening. An appreciation of the things that really matter, moonlight illuminating dark corners, the smell of smoke in the hair of loved ones, the beauty of nature, the internal whirling sensation before the first goose bumps appear on your skin -
The direction I'm taking is Living with intent, simplicity and goodness = wellness and harmony.