A FEW THINGS THAT HAVE CAUGHT MY ATTENTION THE PAST WEEK OR SO...Read More
Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- I came across Tom Hunt, self proclaimed eco-chef, food waste activist and big eater.
- It took award winning film maker and photographer Sean White, 6 years to travel 7 continents to make this amazing time lapse film, which highlights some of the wonders of the globe. If you have a spare 6 minutes, sit back, escape and enjoy.
- As yesterday was Thanksgiving in the US, I jumped in on the action and made a Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie with Candied Pumpkin Seeds, courtesy of this amazing woman, her amazing blog and amazing book 'A year of Pies'. Oh and BTW it was delicious!
- Makers & Brothers - A one stop shop for all your Irish made crafts - check out their great new mini department store and new video featuring the store.
- For all of you who are on instagram, check out one or more of these 66 accounts helping to cultivate a better food system.
- Patagonia are a company that always impress me for so many reasons, mainly for their corporate responsibility and values. They have produced this new film urging customers to celebrate and repair the clothes they already own, rather than buy new ones!
- This Week seems to be all about the films...Irish Farmette has produced a gem of a short film along with Farmhouse Films about Ireland's food and farming landscape, this gem was also chosen and was screened at last week's Chicago Food Film Festival - Take a look.
The weather at the moment in Baile Mheiriceá is beautiful - calm and relaxing, no rain and very little wind, It makes outdoor chores so much more pleasurable. This week I have started my pre-christmas beverage concocting, Spiced Vodka, Marrow Rum, Clove and Orange Brandy, Sloe Gin (If I can find more sloe's) and infusions of mint, chamomile, dandelion, meadowsweet and ancho chili, to name a few - It is my new project and I'm very excited!
I was also on the beach this week admiring and collecting seaweed.
Whatever your projects may be or your weather is like, here is hoping that they are inspiring, serene and relaxing.