Each Friday (or therabouts)! I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- When nature and art collide.
- The Twelve Bottle Bar - All you need are 12 bottles to create hundreds of cocktails!
- How to create content for the online world - Another great interview from Biz Ladies at Design Sponge.
- When I was younger we lived on a boat, this was the catalyst for my love of sailing and most things nautical, especially wooden boats. So when I came across these images I was lost for hours, and there is a book - Houseboat 1977 - Just around the time we lived on ours.
- From Boat Porn to Cabin Porn
- The Beetcoin is a new Slow Money currency, Let's invest in a green future.
- Lots of lovely courses, run by Gaby Weiland and Neantóg
- October 16th is World Food Day, Lots of interesting debates and discussions will take place in the lead up, including many on the importance of global Family Farms.
- 'Rise & Shine' What children eat for breakfast.
- The Baboró International Children's Arts Festival is on in Galway now - Get yourselves down there!
Sometimes we find ourselves doing things we have never done before - I like this, I like the challenge, the anticipation, the exhilaration and the excitement - So that's my first market stall of wares made by myself ticked off the 'to do' list. Dingle was great, there was lots of interest in America Village Apothecary, lots of talking, lots of sampling, lots of selling.
It was also beautiful to be back in West Kerry and Corca Dhuibhne, it had been a while. I was lucky enough to be able to lay my head down each night in Ballyferriter at a friends beautiful home, overlooking the wild Atlantic to the front of the house, whilst in the shadows of mountains at the rear.
Wine and Whiskey was drank, bitters and tinctures were sampled late into the night and local honey helped soothe the pipes the following morning - Yes, all the hallmarks of a good weekend!
Back to business now after a few days break, my mum is visiting and I'm about to roll up my sleeves, step outdoors into the amazing mid October sunlight and learn a new skill, that I am soo excited about ...