Things of interest that have grabbed my attention.
Each Friday (or thereabouts)! I will endeavour to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- It's official - Galway Film Fleadh (festival) is one of the best in the world.
- ...And, Galway is now a UNESCO City of Film - Well Done Galway!
- If you have never been, This is Galway - Just so you know what you are missing.
- Ok, so let's move from the Galway focus to Christmas! If you enjoy making homemade gifts, check out these ideas - Remember home-made or shop local.
- Foraging Guide Books are always on my list.
- More home-made Christmas gift ideas, this time all in Jam/Mason/Kilner jars.
- An under-water hotel - I'm not sure if i'd fancy it?
- From under-water hotel's to Earthships, wow - 'Homes for a sustainable Future', they are constructed using things like, bottles, cans and tyres, they heat and cool themselves and harvest their own water.
- I'm liking the new look Design Sponge.
- I came across WildFlour Bakery recently through the lovely Katie at Love Supreme, Whilst the WildFlour Bakery site is under construction, Owner Kate's Blog Artichoke & Typewriter might give you a taste of the magic that she creates.
Time can be a funny thing, it can pass us by in a frenzy of activities and 'doing' at such a pace that we are unable to catch up with it. These days I seem to be so busy that sometimes it's easy to forget about the 'little' things and precious time.
I love this time of the year, the magic that Christmas inspires. It reminds me of the things that are most important - The special things, the little things that we forget about in the muddle of 'doing', working, parenting, housework... Little things that are actually big, things like:
- Having a long hot bath in the afternoon.
- Relaxing and lingering over a good magazine.
- Making christmas decorations with your children.
- Playing board games and finishing jigsaw's.
- Sitting on the sofa and cuddling up with your three year old - without thinking that you have something more important to be 'doing'.
- Knitting in bed.
- Sipping hot tea in bed in the morning, whilst reading a chapter of a book.
- Walking alone by the sea shore.
- Learning how to tie Flies and Fishing on the lake.
- Shooting Tin Cans.
Things I used to do before I was too busy, before there was 'to little time in the day'!
Time comes and goes - Things can change without us even noticing, we all have a natural rhythm which is part of nature's natural rhythm and cycle. I find that it is important to remind myself of this, especially when time is getting ahead of me and I seem to think that there isn't enough of it.
Live in the now - RECLAIM YOUR TIME!