Every Friday (or thereabouts) I will endeavour to post things of interest that have caught my attention over the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Ireland's gourmet revolution!
- Check out The Hollies in Co.Cork, they are running some interesting courses.
- The Burren In Bloom Festival is on at the moment, a great excuse (as if we would need one) to visit the magical Burren.
- Two words: Root Beer.
- Global Poverty and World Hunger - 17 Goals to shape the UN's response
- Food Revolution Day is fast upon us, I don't care what anyone says, I think Jamie Oliver is great!
- Afri / Action from Ireland are having their annual Famine Walk tomorrow. It is from Delphi Lodge to Louisburgh. This year the focus is on Global Warming, Food Sovereignty and Resisting Militarism.
- How you can feed 10,000 people from food grown on 3 acres in a city.
- Wendell Berry on how to be a poet and a complete human being...
- I was in NYC yesterday evening - In spirit only - Well more accurately, my Pine Syrup was/is in NYC. Yesterday was the opening of the Makers & Brothers Shed at The Standard Hotel and the Pine Manhattan's were flowing to celebrate the opening. If you are stateside get yourself there to check out some fabulous Irish Design. The wonderful Superfolk are also wild printing.
- Douglas Fir sun tea.
- It is all happening in Ballymaloe this weekend - festivals, festivals, festivals - The season is upon us.
- Oh yes - It is that time of the year again, How do you fight those slugs and snails?
- Did someone mention Friday
A busy couple of weeks ahead, I'm really looking forward to the talk I am giving in Loam on Sunday evening (see above)!
On Tuesday I have a royal appointment - no, really I do, Prince Charles is coming to Galway - And the following weekend I will be in Co.Meath at the Sheridan's Food Festival. Things are really beginning to get busy around here, in a good way - I firmly believe in work to live, not the other way around.
All said, I may have to start considering taking a summer intern. If anyone out there fancies living in a caravan in connemara, spending days foraging and concocting new tinctures and elixir's for the summer, or part of it, do give me a shout!