Every Friday (or thereabouts) I will endeavour to post things of interest that have caught my attention over the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Tipsy apple parsnip cake with a cider glaze - Yes I bet it caught your eye too!
- As some of you may know I like spaces, living and other kinds of spaces - I really like changing spaces, usually around springtime the bug takes over me and I am agog with plans for re-newing and changing the space/house/sheds/garden around me - So when I came across George Clarke and his amazing spaces recently I was kind of transfixed from the get go.
- A new trick to get honey directly from the hive without disturbing the bees..?
- Organic food sales are on the rise.
- I am always looking for ways to use up lemons, here are 6 uses for natural beauty products, from face scrubs to hair rinse.
- ...And a few more ways to use up those lemons.
- Janes and Hooch - An 'Urban Saloon'. If I ever find myself in Beijing, I'll be getting myself on over here for some refreshment's.
- Can civil society change food? I like to think so.
- Part of the solution to challenging current models of mass produced, GMO food is examining and adopting unconventional models of agriculture, such as the Soil Born Farms Agriculture and Educational Project.
- I'm looking forward to Loam restaurant's first 'Living Cities' talk this Sunday: Food Sovereignty and the City. It's great to see a successful restaurant show a little initiative and versatility, focussing on broader issues - A little less Rock'N'Roll when it comes to food is always good in my book.
- 'Don't look away now, the climate crisis needs you' - Naomi Klein's insightful piece as part of the Guardian newspaper's series of articles on the subject of climate change.
- And, as the boys in Monty Python would often say 'now for something completely different' - Coffee and cocktails, a match made in heaven.
There is nothing quite like a day that looks, feels and smells like spring to actually remind you that it is spring!
With such a day comes panic (for me anyway) regarding all the things I need to do. My problem, I find, is that I tend to want to get everything done TODAY - whilst the spring sun is shining and its light inspires -
Here's to another busy springtime...