Each Friday (or therabouts)! I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Meet five inspirational women who are contributing to a sustainable world vision.
- ...And a man who always inspires, when examining issues of sustainable farming, organic 'labels', and effective approaches regarding food security - Patrick Holden, If you have yet to make his aquaintance you can do so through this article.
- Modular Echo Eco Pods - And try saying that a few times fast!
- Seen as though we have looked at women and a man who are leaders in the 'Green Revolution' - Let's meet a 'twenty-something'.
- Children returned to school this week after the summer break, school doesn't have to be just about classrooms, reading, writing and arithmetic, as we can see here - What a host of inspiring agricultural/food education initiatives.
- The Grow It Yourself (GIY) Annual Gathering is happening on the 12/14th September, that's next weekend folks, and the afore-mentioned Patrick Holden is speaking there.
- A gold rush in Co. Galway - No just a film set.
- A woman after my own heart - Where booze and botany collide in a cocktail glass.
Gathering Meadowsweet (the beginnings of this), Wild Mint, Yarrow and Bog Myrtle of a balmy September's evening along the lakeshore, fills me with a great sense of peace and fulfillment, I have to say.
There are many ways that we can choose to take a load off, escape, wander, withdraw, whatever you might like to call it.
For me it is wilderness - Within and amongst nature's scents, scenes and light = Eternal centering.