Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- If you want some ground cover for your garden, here are six edible plants that you might like to try.
- A silent revolution is taking place on Indian farms, as more and more farmers are choosing traditional rice seeds.
- The Real Junk Food Project is feeding those that need it the most in the UK - A modern day Robin Hood.
- I'm thinking that I might have to invest in this vintage caravan inspiration.
- If you see yourself as more of a part-time gardener, here are a few tips that might help.
- 101 facts to be hopeful about the future of food.
- What really is the cause of global obesity? It is not as simple as pointing the finger at fat, sugar and salt, the real culprit is 'over-processed' food and the solution = Eat Real Food.
- More on Fat from Time magazine
- Love some of the details in this Swedish woodland retreat.
- And yet more tree house envy.
- There is style, style and yet more style all over this website.
- ...Because it is Friday - Beer Cocktails!
It has been a super active week here in Baile Mheiriceá - Two Dublin hospital visits and saying farewell to my sister who had been visiting us for a week.
Feichín, our youngest, was in hospital for the day last Friday for a routine operation. The Children's Hospital is in Dublin, which is three hours away from us, so it was long day. All went well though and he is running around again as though nothing happened. Children - like animals, are amazing at recovering from medical procedures I have noticed, they just get on with it - It is a pity that we loose this skill as we grow older.
The main man of the house then had to go up to Dublin on Monday for three nights for an operation, he had been suffering with a bulging disc in his back since Christmas. He is now home again and up and about without the aches and pains that had been cursing him.
So all in all it has been quite an emotional and thought provoking week. I think I will have a relaxing evening - Breathe - And partake in one of those Beer Cocktails referenced above!
I am really looking forward to going to Naduir tomorrow to help my super yoga teacher Ciara in her herb garden and enjoy the the wonderful Garden & Herb Day she has planned.
Whatever you are up to this weekend - Enjoy it - Take a moment to breathe and appreciate your wellness.