Each Friday, I will endeavor to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- Do you care about where your clothes were made and by whom? Fashion Revolution Day was yesterday, the first anniversary of the Rana Plaza factory collapse, which killed 1,133. It's time to become aware people - Are your clothes really THAT important?
- An artist and her muse - Agriculture! When hay meets art.
- Check out these - 11 TED talks on the wonder of our planet.
- Ok, so the Galway Food Festival is over for another year. We were blessed with fine weather all weekend and the place was ALIVE with folk from near and far enjoying Galway's food, craic and tunes - If you missed it, have a little taste of what you missed in the delightful video and mark your calendar for next year!
- Ten of the best butchers in Ireland.
- Always fancied having a go at making your own beer, but not quite sure how to and where to begin? Look no further Irish Seed Savers are running a Beer made simple course.
- Did somebody say it was Friday - Mint Julep anybody...
- If you like the feel of a good glass in your hand, when sipping on those drinks, check out these babies - and two hail from Waterford. Number four is on my wish list - nearly worth getting married for!
Well there is another week over! We had a great weekend last week at the Galway Food Festival and settling into our little caravan. I hosted a small cocktail gathering in her last Friday evening and am delighted that she is proving to be as versatile as I had imagined!
There is something about sitting in a little caravan in the sunshine that invokes images of wide open spaces and roads that lead to adventure, music, dancing, fires and wild outdoor feasting - A magic space.