Each Friday, I will endeavour to post things of interest that have grabbed my attention throughout the previous seven days. Things to inspire, fascinate, educate and generally get you buzzing.
- An interesting article about Farmed salmon here, states that they are not a good choice for sustainability or for our waters. A subject that is quite topical here in Galway at the moment.
- For all the Tin Man and Dorothy fans - The Wizard of Oz, 75 years old! Celebrate with these little nibbles!
- Grow it Yourself is a mighty resource for anyone thinking about, or for anyone who is, 'growing their own'.
- I just love this work.
- For anyone interested in a stand at a Galway Food & Craft fair, here is an option.
- And while you are there you might make a few flower dyed cards to sell.
- For all the builders out here, now you can get yourself a Green hard hat made of sugar cane!
- When I am sitting down this evening, after my long day on the road I am going to have myself one of these, but I'm going to substitute the Cider syrup for my Rosehip Syrup (see below) and call it a 'Rosehip Whisky Cocktail' - Bring on the night.
Wild Food, a delightful book presented itself to me this week. Oh how busy I have been in the hedgerows and the kitchen. So far I have made two batches of Rosehip Syrup, Hawhorn Syrup, two batches of Spicy Blackberry Relish and have the Rowan Berries prepped as we speak! There is something so satisfying about picking food from trees and watching it develop in front of your eyes into a sweet sugary syrup.
…My new project: Homemade Bitters (not the Beer kind)… I can hardly contain my excitement…!